A 2-part polyaspartic roofing repair topcoat that creates a waterproof barrier, provides thermal insulation and blocks heat transfer, saving on energy costs!
SEE WHY THE PROS CHOOSE Roof Guard
WHY YOU NEED IT
COMPLETE ROOF PROTECTION
Roof Guard requires a basecoat of ARMUS WATER-BORNE EPOXY PRIMER. Our WBE Primer is formulated to work on the same substrates and provides better final adhesion and a stronger roof waterproofing barrier.
Armus WBE Primer provides a base layer of waterproofing protection, and when it is paired together with Roof Guard, you get two layers of protection and performance. WBE Primer provides superior adhesion when it comes in contact with Roof Guard, ensuring that your roof is fully protected over time and won't wear off.
DURABLE, SEAMLESS AND FLEXIBLE
Roof Guard is a polyaspartic coating, liquid roof waterproofing membrane. As part of Armus's roofing repair system, it forms a seamless membrane, eliminating the possibility of leaks. Our polyaspartic nano-coating is not only strong, but it’s flexible, allowing it to expand and contract with temperature changes without cracking or peeling as well!
Unlike other roof coatings and materials, Roof Guard is the most UV-stable liquid-applied membrane available on the market today. Having UV stability means you are protecting your roofing materials from degradation from being exposed to UV radiation, preventing cracking and roofing failures and leaks.
SAVE ON ENERGY COSTS
Armus Roof Guard has built-in nano-ingredients that block heat transfer and reflect thermal radiation. It's the ideal coating material to use in roof repair as it creates significant energy savings in all seasons! Save on your energy bill while protecting your roof!
With 93% reflectivity and emissivity, Roof Guard reflects most heat from the sun, and will not trap heat and transfer it into the building interior. This keeps buildings cooler in the summer. In winter, Roof Guard has a thermal conductivity rating at least 5x lower than other competitors, which helps keep buildings warmer in winter.
The unique thermal properties of Roof Guard save on energy costs year-round!
LESS DOWNTIME TO APPLY
Roof Guard's liquid waterproofing membrane has a 45-minute max working time, allowing you to take your time during application to ensure full and even coverage. After applying, Thermal Guard Roofs has a curing time of 48 hours, faster than other roof coating options. This is beneficial on sites and projects where minimizing downtime is crucial.
Other roof coatings, like silicone and cool white paints, require your surface to be a fully repaired flat roof, because uneven surfaces affecting performance and durability. Roof Guard can be applied on flat roofs or moderately uneven surfaces together with Armus Water-borne Epoxy Primer. As a roofing repair system, Armus provides the same waterproofing performance and protection while cutting your surface prep time in half.
Roof Guard is an ideal liquid-applied membrane for protecting your buildings against:
- Water damage
- Ponding water
- Severe weather
- Snow and ice
- Modified bitumen
With the proper application and care, Roof Guard can provide long-term protection on existing roofs. Application is simple and you can even do it yourself, although for more worn roofs, we recommend contacting a roofing contractor to help.
NOTE: Remember that Roof Guard should be used together with Armus Water-borne Epoxy Primer, which is universal for different roofing substrates and surfaces.
We have helpful downloadable guides for applying for specific substrates. Below, you can find the application guide for applying Roof Guard.
Questions about application or post-application care? We’ve got you covered and we’re here to help!
- Painter’s tape
- Power drill
- Epoxy mixer
- Paintbrush (2-4” wide for edges)
- Paint roller extension
Spiked rollers help to remove air bubbles when applying Roof Guard and provide a near-perfect mil thickness for your coating. The length of the roller spike will determine the mil thickness of your final coating.
Airless sprayer (optional)
If you are choosing to apply Roof Guard using an airless sprayer, please note our specifications of the sprayer you should be using below.
- Material Flow: 2.9 gal/min (11 liters/min)
- Max Pressure: 270-300 bar
- Air Intake Pressure: 5-6 bar
- Pump Filter: 30 Mesh
- Hose: 2/8”
- Nozzle: 0.027” - 0.031”
Armus Water-borne Epoxy Primer
WBE Primer works on almost every substrate and surface and is specially formulated to provide added adhesion to Roof Guard's topcoat. It is easy to apply and surface prep is easy. Its epoxy formulation also provides an additional layer of waterproof protection.
For a non-slip topcoat, aggregate can be added to the topcoat. Any typical aggregate can be used (ie. gravel, crushed rock, blast-furnace slag).
- Wear protective gloves & gear before applying.
- Roof must be cleaned from dirt, grease, loose paint, debris, and any residue. Scrub away mold or mildew. Pressure washing may be necessary.
- Allow surface to dry completely.
- Ensure moisture of the roof is less than 15% prior to application.
- REQUIRED: Apply base coat of ARMUS WATER-BORNE EPOXY PRIMER to increase adhesion. Allow WB-Epoxy Primer to cure and dry for 24 hours.
- Fleecing joints, seams and penetration points may be required during the application of WBE Primer. See WBE Primer Application Guide for additional details.
Do not apply the product in high humidity conditions (>75%) or if rain is expected within 24 hours after application. Ensure roof moisture is less than 15% prior to application.
Doing so is the easiest way to ensure that you are not over-spreading the material, and that the application of Roof Guard is applied at the proper spread rate.
- Open Part A Base. Using a power drill and paddle paint mixer, mix Part A well for a minimum of 1 minute. It is composed of solids, so ensure Base is mixed until fully homogenous.
- Pour all of Part B into the Part A container. Completely mix Part A (Base) & Part B (Hardener) together using mixer for a minimum of 1 minute. Mix at a low RPM in the Part A container.
- Using a paint brush, paint any edges of your pre-measured section. You should work from the exterior to interior of your coverage area.
- If using airless sprayer, spray out your pre-measured section, ensuring you are using the entirety of Roof Guard for the section.
- To apply using roller, pour material and spread over your pre-measured section and spread with spiked roller.
- Work in sections until entire roof is coated in the same manner, ensuring your spread rate is consistent across the project. Each mixture has a maximum 45-minute working time (at 77°F / 25°C).
- Apply aggregate over the final topcoat before Roof Guard fully dries. Non-adhered aggregates must be removed with a high-performance vacuum.
- Allow Roof Guard to dry for 8 hours between coats if applying additional coats.
- Roof Guard fully dries in 14 hours, and fully cures in 48 hours.
- If working in hotter temperatures, store material in shade or in a cool area to maximize pot life.
Interested in this product? Please fill out this form and we'll send you more details.