Solar Guard - Application Instructions
With the proper care, Solar Guard can provide long-term protection. Application is simple and you can even do it yourself.
We have helpful downloadable guides for applying for specific substrates. Below, you can find both application guides and helpful videos for applying Solar Guard.
Questions about application or post-application care? We’ve got you covered and we’re here to help!
- Microfiber Cloths
- Isopropyl alcohol / glass cleaner
- Standard mop / spinning wet mop
- Pressure washer
- HVLP spray gun
- Pressure gauge
- Air compressor
If applying by spray, please note our specifications of the air compressor you should be using below:
- Type: Portable with electric motor
- Container Size: 13 gallon
- Power: 3HP (2200W)
- Airflow: 11.65 cubic ft (330L) per min
- PSI: 145 PSI (10 bar) high-pressure output
- Clean PV panels by power washing.
- Isopropyl alcohol or a regular glass cleaner may be used, as long as no oily residue is left on the PV panels.
- A standard mop or spinning wet mop may be used to clean off stubborn dirt and solid pollutants from the PV panels if necessary.
- Squeegee to dry if necessary.
- Allow surfaces to dry completely.
DO NOT DILUTE PRODUCT. SHAKE CONTAINER WELL BEFORE USE. LOAD PUMP SPRAYER OR PAINT TRAY AFTER MIXING WELL.
Surface and air temperatures must be at least 50°F (10°C) during application and for 8 hours following and should not exceed 95°F (35°C). Do not apply by sprayer in windy conditions to prevent loss.
- Ensure PV panel surface does not exceed 104°F (40°C) prior to application.
- Install the pressure gauge between the air compressor and the HVLP spray gun.
- Shake Solar Guard well. Do not dilute. Load into HVLP spray gun.
- Regulate the HVLP sprayer so airflow pressure and product flow meets 1426 ft2/gal.
- Application speed depends on flow regulation, but it takes an average of 35 seconds to apply each coat on 21.53 sq.ft (2 sqm).
- Fully expand the HVLP spray fan and initiate spraying outside the application area to ensure flow stability.
- Keep the spray gun 6-8 inches away from the PV panel and hold down the trigger for a constant flow rate.
- Spray in parallel lines to cover the entire PV panel. Finish spraying outside the application area.
- Allow to dry, then re-apply at a perpendicular direction to the original spray layer. Rotating the HVLP spray head will help.
- Do not over-apply for optimal anti-reflection results.
Clean with pressure washer at low pressure if necessary. Do not use harsh cleaning chemicals or abrasive mops and scouring pads. If required, wipe with a wet, microfiber mop or cloth to remove stubborn dirt.